Monday, February 29, 2016

What I Love About Delaney Feb 2016

Scripture Verse:  
Growth in Grace—"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 3:18)
&
Love—"Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them. (Gal. 5:25Eph. 5:2)

your new glasses

New Things: We joined a book club together. Yep, we meet once a month at the library and so far it seems like it might be fun. You loved that they all picked Looking for Alaska as our first book to read and cannot wait to hear what everyone thinks about the book. Plus, it falls on Tuesday which is of course our Mother/Daughter day so it works out perfectly! Oh yea, and you got your very first pair of glasses. Something you instead on needing, but really the optometrist said you are on the boarder line of needing them and not needing them and that you can wear them if you feel like it, but at this point thy were not required. Something I already knew, but you insisted on a "professional" opinion. lol. So you looked at over a hundred frames and picked these bad boys out in the picture. Oh and of course you are wearing Blake's hoodie he gave you when you went up to visit him on your sweet 16. I think you wear that thing 24/7 no matter what the weather is like. crazy girl all boy crushing.:)




Things You Enjoy: Hockey baby! We went to a special hockey game of military men versus the old schooler Dallas Stars. So got to see the the grand players from when I was your age playing, which was awesome. I really thought the Stars would kind of just let the Military guys in, but no they smoked them. It was insane. 

 My favorite thing thought that we did together was sponsor and host a mother/daughter tea party. You put on  a beautiful dress, took tons of pictures and played hostess to girls and their moms for a few hours. Everyone had a great time and it was really memorable day for me.

We decorated the  whole  building  with streamers, linens, candles, mints and even made welcome signs and a picture booth. We each had to cook a finger food from sandwiches, to cookies, cakes and cheese. Plus, we easily had about 30 different flavors of teas for everyone, but the best was the caramel apple!!! YUMMY is all I can say. We did a little skit with good manners and bad manners at the table that got way out of control, but people seemed to enjoy it. We had music playing, danced the electric slide,  Virginia reel  and Cuban shuffle. We each had to make table conversation starters that really helped me learn more about what meant the most to you and what has impacted you in different ways throughout your life. I love it.


Struggles and Accomplishments: You are in therapy and struggle with major depression and anxiety issues as part of your trying to figure out your identity, what that looks like in your life and how you want the world to see you. You meet one time a week with a lady from our church and also with a social worker and psychiatrist. I wish you felt more comfortable talking to me about these things, but I think you fear what I will think about you or how I will treat you or feel. No matter what you are my baby girl and I love you and adore you. I may not always agree with all the decisions in life you will make, but my love for you and support of you will never end. I am happy that you at least told me what was upsetting you and confide in my to a point, even if you do not share everything I know I get the general overall happenings. You are daily in my prayers baby girl and I know God is working through you to accomplish something amazing and when He is done you will have a unique story to share to help others with their struggles in life in a way no one else can. All things have a season and for now, this is your season and cross to bear, but you do not bear it alone. You have your family, friends, church and more importantly you have your heavenly Father to walk along beside you. Never forget that you are not alone!. 





No comments:

Post a Comment