Thursday, March 31, 2016

What I Love About Drake Feb 2016


Scripture Verse:
Respect (for self, others, and authority)—"Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands.(1 Pet. 2:17)
 &
Courage—"May my child always be strong and courageous in their character."  (Deut. 31:6)


New Things: 

 We really did not do anything new this month. We played some disc golf, went to the zoo, hockey and hung out around the house and parks this month.  What is new with you is you were diagnosis as ADHD along with your Autism Spectrum diagnosis. So you started taking medication this month and seem t be doing ok with it. At first your behavior got a little more aggressive, but I was told that might happen, but would tapper off as it did. Your teachers noticed a big improvement in your behavior and ability to sit still longer and pay more active attention which is amazing. I am not a fan of medicating my kids, but in this instance I had tried everything else and it did not seem to help, so I went this direction and we will revisit it again in 6 months. Right now you are on the lowest dosage of medication and we are splitting the pill in 1/2 in the am and 1/2 at 3pm.


Height/Weight: 
2/08/16 61.2 lbs, 55.5" and BP 92/54.
02/13/16 55 lbs, 50 1/2" or 4' 1/2"
08/15/15 height 4'3", 58.8 lbs, BP 92/78, pulse 91, eye site 20/15 both eyes. 6 months makes a big difference!

Favorite conversation: This was the conversation you and Delaney held in the car that was too funny on Feb 9, 2016:
Delaney to me:  " When Drake gets to be 14 he's going to have a really cut jaw line."
Drake: " and I dont care cause I wont go to the hospital and get it removed either so I told you!"
Delaney: " yea, you told me!" (laughing).

Other great conversations we have that only make sense in your mind:
Drake: " He is all black, so he speaks Mexican."  02/17/16
Drake: "I was born last so I get the best stuff and my daddy will be Hawaiian and speak Mexican and Spanish." 02/22/16

Oh how I love the conversations that happen when we go out. Half the time I don't even know what brings on these statements, but they are funny nonetheless.

TLUSA: This month you guys worked on your rock climbing badge. Something you have earned before, but I guess it got the popular vote again.


Struggles and Accomplishments: You are trying your best to finish your AWANA book before the end of the year and you are just gobbling up Gods word daily. You practice your versus and listen to your CD to make sure you get to say at lest 3 versus each Tuesday at club meetings. You have received several awards this year already and are rocking away. I am betting you will finish at the pace you are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment