Friday, April 1, 2016

What I Love About Delaney March 2016

Scripture Verse:
John 1:5

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.


New Things: Nothing that Iam aware of for this month. Pretty stable in your world and we have been boring doing the same things that seem to work, so why fix it? Although I am sure there is a new boy we could place here. OH we did go to a Compassion International event and you picked a girl to sponsor so that was pretty new. She shares close to your same birthday. The event let us go through homes that show the conditions that the children live in, things they do to help out, have fun and where they are now thanks to sponsors.


Things you Enjoyed: Our Tuesday mother/daughter day of course and nothing else :) OK maybe a couple other things, but really are they better than our day? No I think not either. Tuesdays pretty much top the charts. I guess I can give you watching horror movies, seeing me attempt to eat sour candy, causing me to have panic attacks by silly things you do, hanging out with people other than me (although I cannot for the life of me understand why), having your alone time to recharge, hanging out outside on your phone talking to everyone under the sun, making videos.


Your Style: Grunge I would say. You love jeans, loosely fit t shirts that hang off your shoulder or mid-drifts. You like funky tights, big chunky boots and makeup that is too dark some times. I don't mind your style, but I would make your short 2 inches longer, your shirts 3 inches longer and then I could sleep at night better. I hate the way boys stare at you when you walk by without any shame. I really want to punch them and tell them you are not a buffet open for business so they can drool elsewhere, but I bite my tongue and silently pray they run into a pole while they gawk.


mother/daughter day photo
Music:  Can I say horrendous without offending you? Its just really bad. All you want to listen to is rap music. This hard core, nasty, shake you bag side for money, get drunk, have sex, do drugs nasty music. To say I hate and despise it would be an understatement. There is not a strong enough word to tell you how I really feel about what you listen to. I don't mind all rap music. I listened to it growing up, but bands like RUN DMC, LL Cool J, Sir Mix Alot, TuPac, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Outkast, Digital Underground, Lincoln Park, Naughty by Nature are all a thing of the past. Where did the heavy metal little girl I knew go? Where did my little girl go that loved Disney bands and boy bands?  (Heavy Sigh). Nope she is a thing of the past. I am going to hope that this is nothing more than a phase to irk me and that secretly you hate this music (using the term loosely) as much as I do and you are only listening to it because you know I hate it and you need to rebel against me so you can find your own identity. Is that too much to be asking right now? Hopefully in 10 years (sooner, really I dont mind) we can read this and laugh about it. Until then, I have pulled up my big girl panties and going to deal, while silently screaming and dying a little bit each day on the inside :) -just putting it out there how you are silently killing me. lol
mother/daughter day photo

AHG: We skipped this whole month because I did not feel up to going with everything else going on. I had to step back, prioritize and make some cuts out of my schedule to keep my sanity. This was one of the cuts I had to make. I was working every night or had some event I was involved in every night and I was drowning. I have a bad habit or not  saying no and overextending myself. This will be our last year with AHG. As much as I enjoy it, I got into for us to do together and you have started hating it so we decided together not to attend after this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment